For Emergency Managers and Local Public:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 12, 2021
KDHE Amends Travel Quarantine List
TOPEKA – The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) has amended its travel quarantine list to include two states – New York and New Jersey. Two countries have also been added - State of Palestine and Estonia while one has been removed, Seychelles. Several countries remain on the list including Mayotte, Czechia, San Marino, Montenegro and Seychelles.
A comprehensive list of those individuals needing to quarantine includes visitors and Kansans who have:
* Traveled on or after March 12 to New Jersey or New York.
* Traveled on or after March 12 to State of Palestine or Estonia.
* Traveled on or after Feb. 26 to the countries of Mayotte, Czechia, San Marino or Montenegro.
* Attendance at any out-of-state mass gatherings of 500 or more where individuals do not socially distance (6 feet) _and_ wear a mask.
* Been on a cruise ship or river cruise on or after March 15, 2020.
The travel quarantine period is seven days with a negative test result or 10 days without testing, with release from quarantine on Day 8 and Day 11, respectively. Further information on quarantine periods can be found on KDHE’s website: https://www.coronavirus.kdheks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/1640/Shortened-Quarantine-Guidance-PDF--12-8-20?bidId=&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
For those traveling internationally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is requiring testing within three days of flights into the U.S. *For further information on this and other requirements, visit their web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the KDHE website at: www.kdhe.ks.gov/coronavirus